A Walk beyond Time and Place
This Jack the Ripper Walk leads through the streets of Whitechapel. The saga of the murders, the area and especially the victims’ lives will become alive when this walk leads you to some of the murder sites and through the streets where it all happened.
The self-guided Jack the Ripper Walk
The Whitechapel murders in the “autumn of terror” 1888 have always exacted a fascination on people.
A walk through the streets in which these events occurred allows us to get a glimpse into a bygone era that still feels very present today and is the best starting point to travel in any direction in London’s time and space. This walk will lead you through the area of the Ripper and his victims. Deep into the heart of darkness, into the abyss and along the “Ripper” streets…
This self-guided walk comes as a downloadable guide book that includes photographs and maps.
Are you ready to enter the Ripper’s East End?
Start: Aldgate East Station
End: Old Spitalfields Market, Commercial Street (nearest Underground Station: Liverpool Street)
Duration: 2 h
The self-guided Jack the Ripper Walk includes:
- All the murder sites of the canonical victims in chronological order
- The White Hart Pub and Gunthorpe Street (site of the murder of Martha Tabram)
- The street where Emma Elizabeth Smith was attacked by a gang
- The Ten Bells Pub and Christ Church on Commercial Street
- A walk from Mitre Square to Goulston Street, where you retrace the Ripper’s route step for step exactly, as you will come to the house where he left a message…
If you have questions about the tour or want to get in touch with us, you can do it via the contact form (in the side bar) or here!
This is a “Walks beyond Time and Place” tour.