News by and about Philipp Röttgers and LONDON BEYOND TIME AND PLACE.
- ‘A Christmas Carol’ locations and an essay in The DickensianIn the winter 2022 edition of The Dickensian (No. 518, Vol. 118, Part 3, ISSN 0012-2440), published by The Dickens Fellowship, you can find my review of Majestica’s album A Christmas Carol (Nuclear Blast, 2020).
- Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper – Fakt vs. Fiktion in Deutsche Sherlock-Holmes-Gesellschaft | Ausgabe 47 – Winter 2022My essay “Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper – Fakt vs. Fiktion” is in the Baker Street Chronicle vol. 47, the magazine of the German Sherlock Holmes society.
- Casebook: Jack the Ripper Conference 2022On Sunday, October 9, 2022, I will give a conference talk at the 2022 Casebook: Jack the Ripper Conference.
- Curious World – Documentary about “The Ratcliffe Highway Murders”Last year I stumbled across the YouTube channel of Curious World on a return trip from London. Then we have started working together – I provided Curious World with ideas and facts about the Ratcliffe Highway murders and the result is a three-part documentary about this exciting criminal case. The documentary chronicles the horrific events […]
- Guest blog for “Jack the Ripper tour”: A look at the connection between the Whitechapel Murders And the TV Series “Whitechapel”It’s an honour to be featured as a guest author on Richard Jones’ website. Richard is a bestselling author and a tour guide of Jack The Ripper Tour and London Discovery Tours.
About Philipp Röttgers
Philipp Röttgers (M. A.) was born in 1989. Philipp is an author, musician and writer. He is drummer for PARIAHLORD. Over the years he has played with different people in different groups. He played in big bands and cover bands. With his own bands he wrote and played prog rock, stoner rock and pop.
Philipp studied »English Literatures and Cultures« in Bonn, Germany. His first book about his favourite band Genesis was published in 2015.
As music journalist, Philipp writes for several music magazines like Intro and Festivalguide, BetreutesProggen, The Dutch Progressive Rock Page, Reflections of Darkness and more.
Philipp met and interviewed musicians and artists, among them Leland Sklar & Daryl Stuermer of Phil Collins, Ken Hensley (Uriah Heep), Steve Hogarth (Marillion), Mariusz Duda (Riverside), Blues Pills, Royal Republic, Spidergawd, Antilopen Gang, Schrottgrenze, Kreator, Leoniden, Die Sterne, Mighty Oaks and many more.
His second book “London and its genius loci: A journey beyond time and place” was published in 2019. Philipp feels deeply connected to London, more than to any other place in the world. He is an expert in the capital’s literature and culture. Philipp Röttgers offers talks with Londoners and walks and tales in and about London. Get in touch via mail for more information.
We appreciate all the support we get from my subscribers through sharing, comments and likes. If you’d like to further support Philipp, you can through PayPal.