A Walk Beyond Time And Place
This walk can be seen as both an addition and an extension to the existing ‘Self-Guided Jack the Ripper-Walk‘.
A self-guided Jack the Ripper Walk
It is the ‘extended version’ for those already familiar with the Ripper case and for those who want to become familiar with the details while walking. It includes more sites, takes more time, but offers much more information.
This self-guided walk comes as a downloadable guide book that includes photographs and maps.
Are you ready to enter the Ripper’s East End?
Start: Aldgate East Station
End: Liverpool Street Station
Duration: 3 h 30 minutes (full tour), 2 h 30 minutes (shortened tour)
This self-guided Jack the Ripper Walk includes:
- All the murder sites of the canonical victims
- The White Hart Pub and Gunthorpe Street (site of the murder of Martha Tabram)
- The former Working Lads’ Institute, where the inquests of the victim’s deaths were held
- The Royal London Hospital and the location where the inquest into the death of Emma Elizabeth Smith was held
- The ruins of the mortuary to which Elizabeth Stride’s body was taken, right next to a mysterious Hawksmoor church
- The former Commercial Street police station
- The Ten Bells Pub and Christ Church on Commercial Street
- A walk from Mitre Square to Goulston Street, where you retrace the Ripper’s route step for step exactly, as you will come to the house where he left a message…
- Streets that have not changed since 1888
Order my new German book “Jack the Ripper – Die Whitechapel-Morde 1888: Eine Chronologie” here: